Image credit: Student award. 2020 DAAPworks Director’s DAAPcares award. Portable Disaster Relief. Students: Noah Nicolette, Jamie Waugaman, Travis Rebsch. 2020
ARCH 4002. Spring 2020
SAID DAAP, University of Cincinnati
Using the 10 miles rural area along I-90 at Lorain County, Ohio as the site, this Rural Mobile Living studio presents a study investigating the rural mobility with an emphasis on architecture as infrastructure and its connection to the means of transportation. Work closely with the Vehicle Design Studio in the School of Design, the research intended to realize the potential of the self-driving car, smart technology, artificial intelligence, machine learning into the architectural design process and address problems such as poverty, lack of transportation means and under-developed infrastructure. Ultimately, the studio looks to build upon the strengths of both vehicle design and architecture methods and explore the possible design solutions for the following five scenarios in the rural areas: “shared living, working homeless, digital nomad, disaster relief, and tourism recreation.
Faculty: Ming Tang
Students: Nick Chism, Maddie Cooke, Amy Cui, Noah Nicolette, Travis Rebsch, Vu Tran Huy Phi, Kristian Van Wiel, David Wade, Jamie Waugaman, Adam Baca. SAID, DAAP.
Student award. 2020 DAAPworks Director’s DAAPcares award. Portable Disaster Relief. Students: Noah Nicolette, Jamie Waugaman, Travis Rebsch. 2020
Collaborator: Vehicle Design studio. Juan Antonio Islas Munoz, School of Design, DAAP.
Thanks for the support from Autodesk Cloud-based computing BIM360.
- Download our game here. “DCM.zip” (1.2GB) password “daapworks@2020”
- Unzip and Run the exe file
How to use the interface
- use M to turn on/off Menu
- use A W S D or Arrow key to move/drive
- use C to switch the camera between the first person to the third person
- use space bar to stop a car
- use E to get in/out of a car
- use F to turn on/off flying mode. Then use Q, Z to fly up and down. ( only as a host server or single-player mode)
- walk into the “glowing green box” to teleport
For Multi-player game
A. Set up Steam on your computer
- Set up a Steam account and install Steam in your computer.
- Run the Steam program on your computer.
- Add Ming Tang as your friend. Friend code “301687106”
B. Join a multiplayer session.
- Make sure you use “Internet”, not “Lan”. Single-click the found session, not double click.
- You should be able to use “Shift + Tab” to turn on the Steam overlay. Ask questions in the Steam chat room.
- Choose the “Find games” option. Once you find an open session, double click the name to join the game.