- Using Eye- Tracking to Study the Effectiveness of Visual Communication. UHP Discovery funding. University Honor Program. UC. $5,000. Faculty advisor. 2021.
- Assess the effectiveness of using Virtual Reality for caregiver training. Urban Health Pathway Seed Grant. PI: Ming Tang. Partner. Council of Ageing, LiveWell Collaborative. $19,844. 03. 2021-3.2022
- Resilient Price Hill. UC Forward C19 co-LAB awards. PI: Conrad kickert. Co-PI: Ming Tang, Yexuan Gu. $17,986. 08.2020-01.2021
- Future of Work: Understanding the interrelationships between humans and technology to improve the quality of work life in smart buildings. Grant: #SES-2026594 PI: David W. Wendell. Co-PI: Harfmann, Anton; Fry, Michael; Rebola, Claudia; Bhiwapurkar, Pravin; Black, Ann; Linders, Annulla; Nassif, Nabil; Tang, Ming; 01-01-2021 -12-31-2021 National Science Foundation $149,720. Awarded Level:Federal
- Develop and Assess Active Shooter Virtual Reality Training for Ohio Law Enforcement. PI: J.C Barnes. Co-PI: Tang, Latessa, Haberman. Office of Criminal Justice Services. $50,000. 09. 2020-09.2021 ( $28K)
- Using Checklists and Virtual Reality to Improve Police Investigations. Collaborative Research Advancement Grants. UC. $25,000. PI: Haberman. Co-PI: Tang, Barnes. Period: 07.2020-01.2022.
- Assess the effectiveness of Type 2 and Type 3 safety vests for day and night use-Phase. Ohio Department of Transportation. PI: Ma. Co-PI: Tang. Wang. $337,366.31. ($191,458.16 in FY2020 and $145,908.15 in FY2021) Period: 02.2020-02.2022.
- Tobii Pro Glasses Training. DAAP Faculty Development Grant. co-PI: Hildebrandt, Auffrey, Tang. $2,500. spring semester. 2020.
- Geospatial Imagery Analytics Research.Sponsored research by the Cincinnati Insurance Companies. PI. Tang. Co-PI: Jiaqi Ma. $59,000. Period: 02.2020- 12.2020.
- UC International 2020 Incentive Grant. “Architectural Interventions: Design-Build collaboration of the University of Cincinnati and BeijingJiaotong University.” PI: Tang. $3,750.
- Collaborative teaching to study the social impact of A.I, Automation, and Robots, PI: Tang. Co-PI: Cory Haberman, Tamara Lorenz. Funded by UC Forward Course Development grant. The Future of (no) Work and Artificial Intelligence. $15,000. Period: 09.2020- 12.2020. ( awarded fund rescind due to COV-19 budget freeze)
- Development of a Virtual Reality Augmented Violence Reduction Training System for Active and Mass Shooting incidents. PI: Ed Latessa. Co-PIs: J.C. Barnes, Ming Tang, Cory Haberman, Dan Gerard,Tim Sabransky. $10,000. Start-up fund. UC Digital Futures anchor tenant cohort.
- “Paving the way for vehicle highway automation: An integrated simulation-centered testing platform”. Collaborative Advancement Grants Program – Strategic Teams. $70,000. PI: Jiaqi Ma, Co-PI: Ming Tang. Kelly Cohen.
- “Evaluate Opportunities to Provide Training Simulation for ODOT Snow and Ice Drivers”. Phase 2. Ohio Department of Transportation. PI: Jiaqi Ma. Co-PI: Ming Tang. $952,938. Grant #: 1014440. ODOT 32391 / FHWA Period: 01.2019-03.2022
- ITSC Faculty Engagement Initiative. Funded by UC Next Lives Here strategic direction and the Innovation. $2,000.
- Ihsan Community Center Design. Sponsored studio. $5,000. PI: Tang
- Partner with Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU), Design + Build project “Pear Orchard Cabins” , UIA-CBC Competition Stage II. $7,200. Granted by UC international & SAID. Faculty supervisor: Hamamaker, Tang. 2019
- “Eye-tracking technology”. Strategic Collaborative/Interdisciplinary Award. UC. $19,940. PI: Tang. Co-PI: Auffrey, Hildebrandt.
- “Evaluate Opportunities to Provide Training Simulation for ODOT Snow and Ice Drivers”. Phase-1. Ohio Department of Transportation. PI: Jiaqi Ma. Co-PI: Ming Tang, Julian Wang. $39,249. ODOT 32391 / FHWA. Period: 01.2018- 01.2019
- “Project-Based Collaborative Coursework for Developing Connected Transportation Network and Accessible Multimodal Hub in Uptown”. UC Forward grant. Co-PI: Heng Wei, Na Chen, Xinhao Wang, Jiaqi Ma, Ming Tang. $5,000. Total $27,500.
- “Magic School Bus for Computational Cell”, the Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences and Integrated Research Advancement Grants. (AHSS) UC. $8,550. PI: Tang. Co-PI: Zhang. T.
- CUE grant. UC. $4,500. Hybrid Reality: Using Augmented Reality and Holograms for Wayfinding and Signage Research. PI: Tang. Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Wang, X.
- Provost Innovative Technology Award. $70,000. Architectural Robotic Lab. PI. Klemmt. C., Marcu.M. Tang. M.
- Third Century Faculty Research Grant.UC. $10,000. Unfolding CocoOn. PI: Tang. Marcu.M
- Faculty Development Award. FDC. Track B, Hardware. $430
- FDC Department & Interdisciplinary Grant. An Interdisciplinary Approach to Using Immersive Data Visualization for Teaching and Research. FDC UC. $ 9,700. PI: Tang. Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Wang, X., Lu, M
- Low Carbon City. Shenzhen Center for Design. ALCCA parallel research Grant. China. RMB 50,000 ( $8,069) PI: Tang. Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Wang, X., Lu, M
- Block grant. UC International ( study abroad) $24,000. Sustainable Urbanism. Co-taught with Auffrey, C., Wang, X., Lu, M.
- UC Forward Grants. Sustainable Urbanism: An International Perspective. PI: Tang, M., Auffrey, C., Wang, X., Lu, M. $7,800. Granted.
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $2,695.Granted. ( ACADIA. LA)
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $2,410. Granted. ( ARCC, Hawaii)
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $2,695. Granted. (ACADIA, Cambridge, Canada)
- 2013-2014 UC Forward Grants. Sustainable Urbanism: An International Perspective. Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Lu, M. $10,000. Granted.
- Faculty Abroad Grant. $500. UC International Office. Granted.
- University Research Council Grant (URC) Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Lu, M. $18,175. Granted. (D700178)
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $2,379. Granted. ( ACADIA, San Francisco)
- UC Forward Grants. Sustainable Urbanism: An International Perspective. Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Lu, M. $9,200. Granted.
- UC Education Abroad Program Development Grants, awarded by UC International. Sustainable Urbanism: An International Perspective” (China) Co-PI: Auffrey, C., Lu, M. . $2,500. Granted.
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $1,766. Granted. (ACSA, Boston)
- 2011 Instructional Technology Institute. The University of Cincinnati. $750. Granted.
- New Faculty Travel Grant. DAAP, University of Cincinnati. $350. Granted.
- Faculty Development Award. FDC, University of Cincinnati. $1,265. Granted. (ARCC, Detroit)
- Awards from Young Architects Forum of Atlanta. $250. Granted.